CCGs & HBs
The PMA working with Health Boards and Clinical Commissioning Groups
The PMA is an ILM Recognised Provider offering full-day workshops specifically tailored to practice managers and the business aspects of General Practice. An Excellence in Practice Management Certificate is awarded to those completing 6 workshops from the current series.
‘Practice managers are a vital resource in the NHS, playing a key role in maintaining a quality service and in redesigning care for the future. Yet they are also one of the most neglected parts of the workforce, receiving relatively little formal training or ongoing development. Many practice managers report feeling overburdened and isolated in their role, and it is often noted that the most efficient ways of working are slow to spread between practices.’ NHS England
Whilst General Practice Forward View emphasises the importance of practice manager development, it isn’t always easy to implement. This is where the PMA can help.
The PMA have been providing bespoke workshop packages at CCG and HB level for some time now. Read more about about this here:
Lewisham CEPN (feedback will follow the 1st workshop in early December)
Lewisham CEPN have recently signed up for three of the PMA Workshops:
- Thursday 7th December – Leadership
- Thursday 1st February – Employment
- Thursday 1st March – Conflict Resolution
West London CCG are taking a slightly different approach by block booking practice managers onto our London workshops. We will keep you posted with more news as we have it.
If you’d like to organise local training for your practice managers, please call us on 0330 111 6459. We can make it easy for you to provide the best for your staff.
This is what your colleagues are saying:
Understanding Accounts, Accounting Systems & the Tax System is the foundation programme for this series of workshops. It focuses on the business management of general practice. Practice accounts and partnership issues are explained in a user-friendly interactive way.
- ‘Interactive, ability to ask questions… Accounts exercise very good.’
- ‘Tremendous knowledge -easy to understand, able to ask questions and have them answered.’
- ‘Informative presentation – useful handouts and very well informed speaker.’
Business Risk and Governance – Understanding risk & governance, liabilities and data management.
- ‘Very informative – knowledgeable facilitator.’
- ‘Update on GDPR guideline and excellent networking.’
- ‘Richness of information and real life examples.’
Dispute Resolution and Mediation – Building a better business culture.
- ‘Excellent facilitation & presentation skills and interaction exercises.’
- ‘Practical tips on mediation and dealing with conflicts.’
- ‘Impressed by the knowledge of the facilitator – liked the mix of flip chart, slides and discussion work.’
Staff Employment Issues – covers employment law in an interactive way providing practical guidance to enable participants to manage more effectively their human resource and deal with any staffing challenges.
- ‘Content excellent, interaction very good, and good time allowed for discussion.’
- ‘Informative, approachable & engaging facilitator’
- Very informative day – useful insight into sickness management & capability planning – of great value to the practice.’
- ‘Great case studies and excellent opportunities to discuss issues with colleagues.’
Stress Management – A focus on simple and straightforward techniques to help individuals to quickly manage toxic and stressful events as they emerge, and to rapidly restore equilibrium.
- ‘Fascinating – was hungry for a day 2 – valuable insight, great knowledge and humour.’
- ‘Fabulous content – delivered with humour. Personal illustrations and great metaphors.’
- ‘Terrific workshop, insightful, personal, practical and of value individually and to the practice.’
Partnerships and Federations – Partnership changes and mergers, written agreements, Federations, pensions update and taxation.
- ‘Well delivered & appropriately paced – relevant and very current.’
- ‘Easy to understand, able to ask questions and have them answered.’
General Practice Property Management – Don’t forget the bricks and mortar!
The workshop is designed to help individuals to manage their own wellbeing and recognise the signs and symptoms in others around them. It will provide and introductory level of Health and Safety and how this impacts people and will go on to focus on employee engagement and wellbeing by giving participants new techniques for greater efficiency, effectiveness and emotional balance during periods of accelerating change.
An intensive one-day workshop for those in leadership roles who wish to better explore and understand the impact they can make on those around them to develop a better business.
This module looks at the fundamental aspects of change management and how to deal with them. We will focus on what change is and how to develop a change management approach to ensure buy-in across the GP Practice.
CQC Inspection Framework – Being ready for when it happens
This module looks at the fundamental focus of the CQC Inspection process and how to deal with them. We will focus on how to create a culture of buy-in within the GP Practice through a better understanding of the CQC assessment framework.
For information about all PMA Workshops, click here.