Exceptional Customer Service Training for GP Practices
If you would like information about workshop dates or would like to develop a specific programme or host this workshop, please call 0330 111 6459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about all PMA Workshops, click here.
For feedback from other NHS Organisations about our workshops, click here.
This workshop was developed to support practice managers and other healthcare professionals in GP practices to develop their skills and confidence to provide excellence in customer service. Our workshops are designed to give delegates a wider message than the conventional customer service programmes.
Through a customer first approach we focus on working with you to develop the qualities for an effective solution – the focus is on your staff, your processes and your business. We will help create a vision of exceptional customer service that you will be able to integrate into the vision and mission of your own practice.
In turn, this will enable your staff to develop and will help you create a customer first culture within the practice – you only get one chance to create a good first impression and in today’s society people have high expectations 'only the best will do'.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify gaps in customer service delivery and areas for improvement.
- Describe and create a vision of Exceptional Customer Service.
- Examine ways to improve internal communication.
- Recognise their own Personality Style and those of their colleagues and customers.
- Enhance awareness of their response to different Personality Types and the effect this can have when dealing with challenging situations.
- Understand the difference between prejudice and discrimination and the importance of a non-judgemental approach.
- Be motivated to 'walk the talk' and set their customer service standards even higher.
Aims and Objectives
Delegates will be able to describe and create their vision of Exceptional Customer Service for their GP practice and understand the importance of "getting it right the first time". They will understand the underpinning theory of how to achieve this, how to identify their current gaps and how to plan effectively. They will also focus on their own personalities and the impact they have on others – and on their customers.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify current gaps in customer service delivery and areas for improvement.
- Recognise barriers to communication.
- See the importance of excellent internal communication and the positive effect this has on customer service delivery.
- Recognise your own personality style and those of your colleagues, patients and other customers.
- Enhance awareness of your response to different personality types and the effect this can have when dealing with challenging situations.
- Manage and understand the expectations, feelings, fears and needs of your patients and their carers.
- Recognise the difference between prejudice and discrimination.
- Exhibit more confidence, motivation and control when dealing with challenging situations and complaints.
- Learn to say the” right thing, at the right time in the right way” using Emotional Intelligence.
- Recognise the effects of stress on you, your colleagues and patients.
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour.
- Create an Internal Customer Service Charter.
- Measure standards through the use of a customer service audit tool.
- Be motivated to walk the talk and set your customer service standards even higher.
A workbook and guidance notes and will be provided to support this workshop – and delegates will receive a useful summary of the day with further notes of the key messages of the day.
Certificates of attendance are awarded after the workshop.
|09.15||Introduction, Objectives, Icebreaker (communication)|
|09.30||Who are your customers? (internal/ external)
Definition of Exceptional Customer Service
|10.15||Shep Hyken (input)
|10.45||Creating internal harmony (input)
|11.00||Personality Style Awareness (test & input)
|11.45||Prejudice & discrimination (challenging your thoughts and actions)|
|12.00||How emotionally intelligent are you? (test)
|13.15||How to deliver exceptional customer service in a GP Practice (input)|
|13.45||Positive self-talk (exercise & input)|
|14.15||Communication: verbal / non-verbal|
|14.45||Assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour (input & discussion)|
|15.15||Internal Customer Service Charter – Why do we need it? (input)
|16.15||Review of learning and action planning|
LANGWORTHY MEDICAL CENTRE
From the initial meeting with the management team, Gill and Suzy identified our specific training needs and designed an excellent customer service course which exceeded our expectations. The course has enabled the staff to face the everyday challenges of practice life with renewed motivation, confidence and positivity.
Their professional and entertaining style created a relaxed environment fully engaging all those who attended the course. The training has had a lasting impact and made a huge difference to both patients and staff. I would have no hesitation in recommending them, they proved to be great value for money and delivered exactly what we needed.
Sam Brown, Practice Manager Langworthy Medical Practice
BMI THE ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL
"From our initial meeting with Gill and Suzy they understood our needs and designed an excellent Customer Service course that incorporated personality style awareness. The feedback from our staff has been extremely positive and not only has the training helped their customer service skills it has also improved internal communication and relationships. I would like to thank Gill and Suzy for their professionalism and outstanding work ethics. I would highly recommend them and I hope to work with them again in the near future."
Dot Longman - Compliance and Education Co-ordinator, The BMI Alexandra Hospital
Gill and Suzy worked with the management team in order to design and deliver bespoke training courses. They are extremely energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, and were able to swiftly understand and take into account our specific requirements. As a result, the training was well planned, well-structured and tailored to our needs. The courses were professionally run, extremely efficient, relevant and of real value. Gill and Suzy are highly engaging and entertaining facilitators and are able to draw on their vast expertise to engage participants, challenge assumptions and encourage staff to take different perspective on situations.
By the end of the sessions our objectives were well and truly achieved. We are committed to embedding the tools gained from this training into our working practices, the different personality styles are displayed in our offices and we have produced individual and team action plans to build upon the lessons learnt. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to deliver excellent, value for money training and development."
Rachel Stirk - Team Manager, School Management Services
TAMESIDE METROPOLITAN BOROUGH
I recently attended the Emotional Intelligence training with Gill and Suzy and found this course one of the best I have ever been onto! It was very interesting and I learnt a great deal about my own personality traits and that of others. There was a fair balance of both group work and independent learning and I came away with a strong sense that I had learnt a lot throughout the day.
Debbie Roberts - Governor Services/School Performance and Standards Unit
D VALLANCE & ASSOCIATES DENTAL PRACTICE
Suzy & Gill make a fantastic team. They clearly love their job and play off each other to make the course totally immersive and enjoyable. We learnt a lot and the whole team benefited from the course in so many ways.
Mark Shupac – Partner
Who Should Attend?
Doctors, Nurses, Practice Managers and other Healthcare Professionals
Don't miss opportunity to work with leading specialists in a series of full day workshops specifically focused on the ‘business’ aspects of General Practice.