Our services include:
- Bespoke PCN Masterclasses
- Practice Managers Leadership Development Programme
- Clinical Directors Leadership Development Programme
- How to Project Manage your Primary Care Network
- Practice Finance, Maximising Income and Compliance
- Practice Diagnostics and Turnaround
- Interim Management
- Clinical Modelling
- New Care Models
- Working at Scale
- Interim Management
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Change Management
- Managing Teams
- Building Resilience
- Coaching & Mentoring
Practice Manager Leadership Development Programme
Developed by experienced Primary Care Business Managers, this action learning programme, delivered over a period of 6, 9 or 12 months to develop the leadership, resilience and sustainability of Practice Managers in the context of PCNs. This can be run as an area-based cohort of 6 or more sessions. Sessions include:
- Change management
- Leadership styles
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Coaching skills
- Network Development
- Legal Aspects
- Operational Management
- Finance and Business Planning
- What about patients?
- Human resources, managing effective teams and appraisals
- Human factors, emotional intelligence and culture and can be tailored towards to specific needs.
Clinical Director Leadership Development Programme
A minimum of six half day face to face sessions delivered via an action learning programme, for a cohort of Clinical Directors to work together from a menu of topics which include:
- Strategy Fundamentals and mapping “the system” landscape
- Leadership styles and how to work with others
- Implementing Change and Working to Scale
- Company legal structures and governance in the context of PCNs
- Company finance and how this applies to PCNs
- Building effective networks
- HR law and industrial relations
- Implementing Quality Improvement
- Contracting new models of care
- Project management
- Organisational culture
- Mentoring and coaching
- Business Planning
- Population Health
The masterclasses are all designed and delivered by subject experts with experience in Primary Care. Each session will typically be 2 hours and include a workbook or slide deck and other supporting materials. Within the masterclass sessions, interaction and discussion are always encouraged. Action planning and feedback will be built into the sessions, to enable delegates to take away a personalised journey.
How to Project Manage your PCN
NHS England feels more comfortable with a confident, inclusive approach to PCN delivery. We show you how you can apply project management principles which provides transparency and comfort to the team, NHSE and ultimately your patients.
- What do we need to do?
- When do we need to do it?
- How do we monitor/record what we do?
- How do we keep everyone on board?
Practice Diagnostics and Turnaround
General practice is often too busy doing the day job to create capacity to step back and look at the bigger picture and where it needs to be aiming for. This can result in partnerships feeling a bit rudderless, or just lacking in objectivity in order to prioritise. We can help hold a mirror up to your practice, to help you identify what you need/want to do, and determine how to do it, in what timescale.
We can also help move this forward with a pan on how to get there, and facilitate its delivery, if you so wish.
Health and Safety Combined Package
This is a one stop shop for all your health & safety compliance needs, including production of your health and safety policy, pregnancy risk assessments, fire safety and CPR training. We have CCGs who are buying in to this for all of their practices, and individual surgeries who just get the specific parts of it that they need.
Recent surveys and press reports allege that almost 50% of Practice Managers will leave their jobs other than due to retirement in the next few years. If you’re a Partner in this position the last thing you want to do is to start trying to run the practice. We have a bank of extremely experienced practice managers/partners who can help by advice, support or interim management. give us a call and we can help in a range of ways that suit your needs.
Many Practice Managers are coming into the role from outside the healthcare sector, or perhaps outside of general practice. We all know it has its quirks – we can support via our Introduction to Practice Management workshop, or more intensively via mentoring new staff in the role who need the support of someone who’s “been there, got the t-shirt”.
We also have several excellent coaches who can provide support face to face or electronically. Let us know your needs and we can offer some options for you to consider.