PMA Jobs Bulletin – Overview
‘Your people are your greatest asset
and potentially your biggest challenge’
Recruiting the right staff to enhance
and grow your team is a critical function.
GP Practice Manager & Business Manager jobs and other practice roles
The ‘PMA GP Practice Manager & Business Manager jobs’ board showcases vacancies in the Primary Care sector across the UK – vacancies include Practice Managers, Assistant Managers, Practice Business Managers, and other management roles within the Primary Care Sector. The site will also be useful for all other practice roles – nursing, senior nurse, administrative and receptionist roles.
GP Practice Manager & Business Manager vacancy listings
If you have a skills shortage or if you have positions available within the practice, the PMA Jobs Board is a great place promote your vacancies. The PMA website receives 100K+ views per year. Your standard listing will be featured on the PMA website, searchable via location and keyword. The PMA jobs board will be featured in the PMA Monthly Newsletter. Listings will also be include in the PMA Newsletter and will be “tweeted” to our followers.
Leaving your job in Practice Management?
Identifying and or Recruiting your replacement…
the answer may already lie within the practice and you can always add appropriate qualifications and training to those with the right experience. See the PMA’s 10 top tips to successful succession planning for more insight.
Excellence in Practice Management Certificate
Delegates who attend the six PMA Workshops will receive an Excellence in Practice Management Certificate awarded by the ILM. The workshops provide the essentials for good practice management. For more information about the certificate and workshops, please click here.
For those current staff members who have experience there are also opportunities
Level 3 and Level 5 Diplomas in Leadership and Management
Level 3 and Level 5 Diplomas in Leadership and Management provide practice managers, and others working in a management role, the opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised formal qualification. The PMA workshops act as an excellent pre-cursor to taking a diploma before going on to complete additional modules to maximise learning and self-development. Credits are awarded for each module completed. The diploma is awarded when the required number of credits have been accrued – usually over a 12-30 month period.
Link to the: https://practicemanagersuk.org/pma-education/
Practice Manager & Business Manager training
The PMA offer a series of full-day workshops specifically focused on the business aspects of General Practice. The series is aimed at Practice Managers and Business Managers and is delivered by specialists in these areas. Delegates who complete any six (6) workshops will receive an Excellence in Practice Management Certificate awarded by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
The programme comprises a number of modules. Each module carried 6 CPD points:
- Understanding Accounts, Accounting Systems and The Tax System
- Partnerships & Federations – Partnership Changes & Mergers, Written Agreements Federations & Pensions Update
- Employment Issues – HR, Employment Law and Staff Management, Performance Management – changing staff behaviour
- Understanding Risk & Governance – Business Continuity, Liabilities & Data Management
- Dispute Resolution – Internal & External Disputes, Partnership Mediation & Medical Negligence
- Stress Management – gain the skills to manage stress and burnout in personal and professional situations
- General Practice Property Management – don’t forget the bricks and mortar!
- Health & Safety, Employee Engagement & Wellbeing -New techniques for greater efficiency, effectiveness and emotional balance.
- Leadership Development – Learn influence, impact and leadership skills.
- Change Management – Understanding change and how to develop a change management toolkit.
- CQC Inspection Framework – The fundamentals of CQC Inspection Framework and how to deal with them.