Don’t miss out on your opportunity to benefit from the Chancellor’s £2bn investment.
The PMA has been appointed by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as a Gateway provider for the Kickstart scheme UK-wide initiative (excluding Northern Ireland).
DWP is delighted to be working with the PMA across the UK and is providing full support to help us deliver a high-quality programme to young people most in need.
The Kickstart scheme will help ease the increased workload being placed on GP Practices, Dental Practices, Care Homes and the wider NHS during these challenging times. It provides a much-needed, valuable and talent-rich resource to support the additional demands caused by the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
The government’s Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high-quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
What are the benefits of Kickstart to you the employer?
- Fully government funded 6-month work placement
- Kickstarters who add real value by picking up tasks your current team just doesn’t have time for
- PMA provides full vetting and shortlisting of suitable applicants
- You decide which young people to offer Kickstart positions to
- Kickstarter working 25 hours per week at minimum wage rate, fully reimbursed to you including NI and up to 3% of pension contributions
- You will also receive an additional £300 grant to cover onboarding, PPE, uniform and other associated costs
- Full Primary, Health and Social Care aligned training programme provided by PMA tutors & coaches
- PMA weekly monitoring with Kickstarter and employer to ensure the placement is a success
The 6-month placement will support the Kickstarter in developing the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme. You will be helping the young person become more employable while they do a fabulous job for you.
End of placement choices
- Employ the Kickstarter either part-time or full-time
- Offer the Kickstarter an apprenticeship supported by the PMA meaning you can benefit from more government funding – up to £3000 per apprentice
- Release the young person with excellent work and employability skills.
How do I apply for Kickstart?
Apply now. Registration takes only a few minutes to complete. It really is that easy!
PMA Kickstarters rise to the challenge of these most popular roles advertised:
- Admin Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Social Media/Marketing Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Activity and Entertainment Coordinators
Of course, this list is not exhaustive so simply let us know if you have something else in mind.
Our goal is to maximise the opportunity of 6-months employment by ensuring both parties are completely satisfied with the placement. We will focus on the young person, work relationships and gaining of skills, rather than just the employability sessions, as mandated by DWP.
We believe it is better to enhance the skills and experience that will end up on the Kickstarter’s CV rather than simply spend time learning to write one.