Up-skilling with the PMA
The PMA is recognised by the ILM and City & Guilds as an approved centre of education within the primary care sector. The PMA has created a series of workshops which focus on the business aspects of general practice and those skills required to enable successful change. Our programme has been mapped to the 10 High Impact Actions in the General Practice Forward View.
The series is aimed at GPs, practice managers and other practice staff in primary care, pharmacy and dental practices. Our training specialists are experts in their field and will bespoke their presentations to your needs. The sessions are interactive for participants, carry 6 CPD points per day and range from one-day to three-days in duration.
The PMA ILM Excellence in Practice Management* certificate is awarded to an individual on completion of any 6 PMA Workshops and subject to an ILM registration fee of £75+VAT. This is a recognised and prestigious achievement for practice managers and other general practice staff.
All workshops can be delivered at local level. The PMA have been involved in the successful delivery of bespoke workshops for many years. See our ‘Working with the PMA‘ page for examples of NHS customers we’ve worked with, including feedback and testimonials from your colleagues.
VOTE FOR US:
The General Practice Awards 2018 will celebrate the very best examples of innovation, dedication and leadership in primary care. Training Provider of the Year is the award for the best provider of training for NHS staff. If you’re happy to share the positive development experience you’ve had with the Practice Managers Association (PMA), please cast a vote in our favour here. It will take just a moment of your time and be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
For more information about each topic, please click the links below.
Peer to Peer Appraisals
Safeguarding for Adults
Safeguarding for Children
* £75.00 + VAT covers the PMA ILM Excellence in Practice Management certificate and includes membership at The Institute of Leadership & Management providing:
- Access to resources to support your learning
- Leading edge – the latest news
- Thought leadership research
- Learn about the leadership framework with curated pathways
- Access to Toolkit for managers and journals and business books online
- Advance your career
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Get help to improve
- Plan your career development
- Support to help manage your staff’s development
- Build your networks
- Learn from like-minded people, enhance your connections and prospects
- Get recognised as a leader
- Online CPD recording
- Convert to professional membership when you complete