The PMA will work with the guidelines on marking and assessment as set out by ILM as the qualification awarding body, the PMA will:
- Endeavour to ensure that assessments are relevant, robust, dynamic and learner-centric and meet the relevant Learning Outcomes as set out as the ILM standards.
- Work with a team of appropriately-qualified and experienced tutor/assessors who are competent to undertake their roles and responsibilities.
- Schedule assessment activity to ensure compliance with ILM Assessment standards and to meet the needs of the learner’s schedule and workplace availability where possible.
The PMA Tutor/Assessor
The PMA Tutor/Assessor is appointed to use his or her expertise and competence to make a professional judgement as to whether or not assessments submitted by learners meet ILM standards and to provide developmental feedback to learners on how they may improve their knowledge and skills based on the evidence seen. The Tutor/Assessor will ensure the learners are ready for both their on-line tests and at Level 3 Mandatory Professional Discussion, and their EPA. Also, that the learners at Level 5 have met their Learning Outcomes to meet requirements for the Project, and ILM Mandatory Professional Discussion requirements.
On all PMA programmes feedback will be given within a two-week timeframe to ensure learners have all the requirements to enable them to pass and achieve the relevant Learning Outcomes and competencies.
The Lead IQA is appointed to undertake a quality assurance role with regard to monitoring feedback to learners by sampling and standardising work undertaken by tutor/assessors and by supporting and providing feedback to assessors on an individual basis. Lead IQA will also escalate any concerns over assessor performance to the PMA Head of Education.
The Lead IQA and Head of Education will lead to share good practice at timely intervals throughout the year. As laid out in the PMA Internal Quality Assurance Policy.
The PMA will endeavour timely, reliable and consistent assessment feedback to deliver a quality customer experience and proactive leadership, management and coaching practice. This will be achieved by:
- Working in partnership with learners and employers to ensure assessments that are relevant, robust, dynamic and learner-centric.
- Working with a team of appropriately-qualified and experienced assessors who are competent to undertake their roles and responsibilities.
- Scheduling assessment activity to ensure compliance with ILM Assessment Standards.
This PMA Marking and Feedback Strategy will be formally reviewed in July 2018.
|Name||Email address||Phone number||Mobile number|
|01606 44945||07880 788985|
|Date||Summary of changes made||Changes made by (Name)|
|14th July 2017||PMA Marking and Feedback Strategy created||Ian Jones & Cathryn Lyon|
|21st Sept 2017||Updated||Ian Jones|