The PMA is a UK provider of leadership, management and practice management training all recognised by ILM and other ILM qualifications. PMA offers an education and workshop training programme focussed on Excellence in Practice Management.
The PMA is committed to supporting the Health Care Industry, Stakeholders, Partners and Learners through Education to minimise the impact they have on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Wherever appropriate during teaching and learning & delivery of workshops the PMA will use online platforms and materials that are both recyclable or reusable.
- The PMA will encourage our staff and learners to challenge their own behaviours with regard to their environmental responsibilities.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring the PMA is as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and externally with Stakeholders.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company and ensure the PMA are fully compliant with all relevant UK environmental legislation, European legislation and International requirements.
The PMA recognises that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
It is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the PMA. For example, giving away, recycling or trading in items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and ensuring that computers are shut down after work, even though our working practice is virtual – we all adopt the same principles.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper.
- Use low impact transport for travel to and from work and travel for business. For example, we use public transport to attend meetings where practical.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
This policy will be reviewed annually – next review scheduled June 2018.
|Name||Email address||Phone number||Mobile number|
|01606 44945||07880 788985|
|Date||Summary of changes made||Changes made by (Name)|
|20th Sept 2017||PMA Protecting Our Environment Policy – Policy created||Cathryn Lyon|
|21st Sept 2017||Formatted and reviewed||Ian Jones|
|14th Nov 2017||Updated Title to: ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY – includes sustainability policy updates including PMA Policy & Best Practice checklist.||Ian Jones|
|June 2018||Next update scheduled||Cathryn Lyon|