If you would like information about workshop dates or would like to develop a specific programme or host this workshop, please call 0330 111 6459 or email email@example.com
For information about all PMA Workshops, click here.
For feedback from other NHS Organisations about our workshops, click here.
Venepuncture is one of the most commonly used healthcare investigation procedures. This workshop is designed to provide the theoretical knowledge base for the care team who wish to expand their range of practice to include venepuncture (phlebotomy). The information contained in this package has been developed in line with evidence based national policies and procedures. The workshop is aimed at: Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Allied Health Professionals and candidates undertaking a Health Care Apprenticeship.
Prior to undertaking this training package, the individual must fulﬁll the following criteria:
- Be a suitably experienced member of the care team with their manager’s permission to undertake this training.
- Work in a suitable environment where there is a requirement for venepuncture which will enable the individual to maintain competence.
- Numbers will be limited to 12 due to the highly interactive and practical nature of this training.
Delegates will correctly identify the client, offer a simple explanation and gain consent to safely take a sample of blood from a vein.
- Identify the veins most commonly used.
- Demonstrate the criteria for choosing equipment the vein to use.
- List some of the potential problems and how to deal with them.
- Demonstrate the correct procedure using a manikin
- Show understanding of how to manage risks during the procedure and the disposal of equipment.
Certificates of attendance are issued at the end of the course.
|09.15||Registration & Coffee|
|09.30||Introduction and Welcome – Overview of the Programme, Objectives & Accountability|
|09.45||Open Forum – Identifying your challenges|
|10.00||Communication and Safety|
|10.15||Infection Prevention, Anatomy, Selection of Equipment|
|10.45||Venepuncture Procedure, Practical Session (includes break)|
|11.45||Potential Complications and Preventative Measures, Team Working|
Who Should Attend?
Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Allied Health Professionals and candidates undertaking a Health Care Apprenticeship
Don't miss opportunity to work with leading specialists in a series of full day workshops specifically focused on the ‘business’ aspects of General Practice.