The workshop will support the delegates understanding of the role, responsibilities and competencies to enable the delivery of enhanced care navigation and will look in turn, at supporting the development of these skills specific to the CCG.
At the enhanced care level staff are expected to have a good level of expertise in customer care and a background of working in a healthcare environment and some experience of the active signposting.
Enhanced care navigators may be expected to provide detailed knowledge of the localities service directory and support and train other frontline members of the primary care team.
The PMA would be happy to adjust the programme to include a show case of a selection of local service providers – this has proved a valuable addition to the ECN programme.
Clinical signposting to Service Provides:
Knowledge of Localised Services
- To provide a practical understanding and basic advice to promote localised services – each to present:
- Provide basic advice to promote healthy lifestyle behaviours and activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of long-term conditions and integrated care they support.
- Where to go for information
- What, where, when and how to signpost
- Local impact