In a bid to provide a multi-disciplinary, professional workforce able to meet the burgeoning demands of primary care, non-clinical roles are being developed and extended.
The new City and Guilds Customer Service Specialist Level 3 diploma offers the opportunity for customer service practitioners (receptionists, administrators, care navigators) to develop their business and customer insight knowledge and skills and work towards a recognised formal qualification.
As the name suggests learners will become ‘specialists’ in customer support and ‘advocates’ for excellent customer service, supporting other team members and highlighting service improvements, working with a range of systems and data.
It is highly likely that those involved in this qualification would also have a key role in Enhanced Care Navigation within their practices.
This qualification will include a wide range of teaching and learning techniques including one-to-one teaching, group discussions and teaching, observations, practical assessments, coaching, mentoring, independent research and e-learning.
A co-contribution of £500 towards the cost of the course is payable for non-levy apprenticeships. Levy paying apprenticeships are fully funded.
A non-mandatory registration fee of £275 is payable for Level 3 diploma courses.
This unit will include an initial workplace observation and one-to-one discussion and will cover:
- Understanding of candidate’s duties and responsibilities
- Understanding candidate’s personal development in a healthcare setting
- Understanding key principles of customer service
- Exploration of patient/customer relationship
- Core attitudes and behaviours
- Importance of presentation
- Understanding of how to deliver integrated care in general practice