Based upon Dental Practice Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard and ILM Level 4 certificate in Leadership & Management.
These qualifications help learners to really get to grips with their role, gain comprehensive business knowledge, and develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at this level.
Managing all non-clinical aspects of a dental surgery, leading the practice team and achieving excellent patient care and cost efficiency.
100% of the cost is payable by the employer for levy apprenticeships.
Benefits for individuals
- Consolidate your management skills and experience
- Build knowledge of specialist business areas such as finance and marketing
- Develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader
- Accredit your experience with nationally recognised qualifications.
Benefits for employers
- Middle managers with an advanced understanding of their role and function in your organisation
- Managers who can assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
- Flexible choice of units – customise these qualifications to close skills gaps in your organisation.
This will include an initial assessment and is sector specific:
Understanding of ethics and its impact on a role within a dental practice.
Understanding the safeguarding implications of working within a dental practice.
A skills-scan to take into account any prior learning which can be credited.
Employers can work with learners to find the units that best fit individual and organisational requirements.
This qualification will include a wide range of teaching and learning techniques and styles including one-to-one teaching (a minimum of 7 hours of one-to-one tutorials), teaching, observations, practical assessments, coaching, mentoring, independent research and e-learning.
Depending on the employer, the candidate and the pace of work, this course will typically take 15 months to complete.
A PMA Tutor will be assigned to work with the candidate throughout the duration of the course and will support them through their journey. The programme will be delivered through face-to-face learning with their Tutor, online via the ILM Illuminate portal and Tutor observations. The Total Qualification Time is a minimum of 130 hours.
End Point Assessment
Candidates are supported and coached towards the End Point Assessment, gathering their portfolio of evidence for assessment.
The End Point Assessment will comprise of:
SYNOPTIC ASSESSMENT – Projects assessment of a scenario-based project which links and tests skills and knowledge in a holistic way.
SYNOPTIC ASSESSMENT – Interview Professional face to face review of Reflections from Portfolio and Qualification